[squeak-dev] [ANN] DoItFirst command line goodie on SqueakSource

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Jun 14 20:53:10 UTC 2020

Hi Marcel,

I added you and Tim and Eliot as developers in the SS repository, and anyone
else is welcome too, though I did not want to make it global writable since
this class is dangerous if you make an error in the wrong place ... ask me how
I know ;-)

The class is lightweight, but I think we should play with it for a while
before considering it for trunk. For now, it's easy enough to load it from
SqueakSource. Here's the shortcut:

   Installer ss
      project: 'DoItFirst';
      install: 'DoItFirst-System-Support'.

It seems quite possible that a more general argument processing approach
may be needed. For example, if I am trying to rescue a broken image, then
I want to be able to process a -doit at the earliest possible opportunity,
preferably before anything else happens in the startUp list. On the other
hand, if I am handling the -filein option, then I might want this to be done
much later in the startUp processing.

So let's just play around with this for a while and see what works :-)

Dave