[squeak-dev] Fixing the infinite debugger chains? (was: Code simulation error (was Re: I broke the debugger?))

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Wed Jun 17 23:14:50 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Want another easy way to still get endless debuggers?

    [^ self halt] ensure: [1 asString]

Do it, then step over the return (I have to click twice actually) -->
endless debuggers on findContextSuchThat:.

Triggers in both current Trunk and in 5.3, and 5.2, and 5.0. In 5.1
and 4.6 I get repeated emergency evaluators instead.

If you proceed in the debugger after the halt, the expression
evaluates flawlessly.

If this example is not actually a new one, just be reminded that the
problem still exists... ;-)

Kind regards,
Jakob