[squeak-dev] Showing hands

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Fri Jun 19 18:52:13 UTC 2020

Hi all,

did you know the implementation of HandMorph >> #visible:?

visible: aBoolean

self needsToBeDrawn ifFalse: [ ^self ].

super visible: aBoolean

This is just bothering me as I am trying to hide my hand before I attach some morph to it, so it does not yet need to be drawn.

Is this logic anywhere in use?

I already have played with #needsToBeDrawn in the past (remember XmasDecorations? ;)), and it should be a protocol between WorldState and HandMorph, only. But I cannot find any affected sender of #visible: in WorldState; the only one is #restoreMorphicDisplay which does not relate to #needsToBeDrawn as far as I can see.

Do you think we can nuke this override?

Best,

Christoph