[squeak-dev] [ANN] TruffleSqueak 20.1.0 released

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Sun Jun 21 19:24:19 UTC 2020

Le 21/06/2020 à 20:18, Fabio Niephaus a écrit :
> Hi Stef,
>
> Sorry about that. I'm afraid I don't have access to a native Windows
> machine at the moment, but I'll try to have a look at it. Does the CPU
> usage drop after a couple of minutes? And is the UI more responsive
> after that?

Here is the behavior as far as I can see: at startup, uses up to 30% of
my overall CPU, then stabilize at 25% (that's two cores at 100%). Then
it calms down to a couple %, but jumps back at 25% at every action in
the Squeak image, even seemingly innocuous one, such as opening a
browser, clicking in a workspace, etc.. All these take time (a browser
takes about 2 seconds to open)

Tested over the course of 20 minutes; I cannot do this for too long
because my laptop heats up very fast in those conditions, unfortunately.

Best,

Stef