[squeak-dev] [ANN] The Heart of the Snake King

Vanessa Freudenberg vanessa at codefrau.net
Fri Jun 26 20:36:18 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 10:35 AM Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:

> > On 26.06.2020, at 18:42, K K Subbu <kksubbu.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 26/06/20 12:44 pm, Tobias Pape wrote:
> >> In private mode, several session storage APIs of Firefox are
> >> forbidden to be used.
> >
> > Thank you, Tobias, for your detailed analysis of the log.
> >
> > I wonder if it is possible to hold changes file in memory too, just like
> the image. The changes file is only around 48MB. If held in memory, it may
> increase its footprint to around 200MB, still small for a 64bit system.
> >

> I don't think the problem is the size after all.
> The problem is that in private mode, apis and resources are limited and as
> a result of that,
> the loaded files do not look like they're in that file system. But Squeak
> needs them looking like files.
>
> I presume the changes file is still around in memory but squeak on
> squeakjs is just not seeing them

Correct. SqueakJS runs a file system check on startup to see if the
directory entries (in localStorage) match the file content storage (in
IndexedDB). That fsck did not look at the in-memory "big file" storage used
as a fallback when IndexedDB is not available, so it thought the file
entries were stale, and deleted them.

Fixed now. Please try again, Subbu!

Vanessa