[squeak-dev] We need to talk about graphics

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Jun 29 00:53:21 UTC 2020

Seriously. We've been sitting around twiddling thumbs about better graphics for decades now.

We had Balloon2D & 3D.
We had 'Pooh graphics' to do vector forms.
We have some excellent stuff being done by the Cuis crew.
We have some amazing ideas from Nile/Gezira.
We have a number of potential 3rd party graphics libraries we might adopt.
We have an advanced JIT that could be used to make on-demand graphics routines either on their own or working with pretty much any of the above.
We probably have other options I've not even heard of.

Maybe we should actually do something? Can we at least talk about it?

tim
Strange OpCodes: SVE: Skip on Vernal Equinox