[squeak-dev] [ERROR}[5.3] building ByteArrays from HEX strings are now failing

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 13:50:28 UTC 2020

Hi Robert,
normally, most of VM/plugins development should take place with the
VM-simulation from within the SpurVMMaker.image  (unless the plugin
extensively call C functions from external libraries).
You will find a Worksapce with some simulation examples.
Then you might detect the error from within Smalltalk with debuggers etc...
I recommend simulating a Stack VM for a beginning (or you'll need to
compile the Bochs plugin, which is currently difficult on linux...).