[squeak-dev] BUG: Tooltips are shown when cursor left the VM window

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sat Mar 7 18:32:04 UTC 2020

Steps to reproduce:

In a fresh trunk image, hover the project title in the docking bar for a short moment and then move the cursor out of the VM window.

Expected behavior:

No tooltip is visible because the cursor does not hover the project title any longer.

Actual behavior:

The tooltip appears visible until the cursor is moved back into the VM window again:

[cid:9cee3260-7e37-43bc-8559-22e332e26c9d]

Notes:

Do we get an event if the cursor enter/leaves the VM window? If not, we can we detect this? We would need to change the mouse over handler then.

A very dirty workaround might be to set the border width of the PasteUpMorph to 1 and compare ActiveHand position to the innerBounds of the world ...

Best,

Christoph