[squeak-dev] Need some help to contribute

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 14:18:40 UTC 2020

On 08/03/20 6:27 PM, Stéphane Rollandin wrote:

> For some reason I have had a hard time convincing people that, really, I
> do not know how to do this - and as a result I have been in the (recent)
> past considered as a lazy bastard unwilling to contribute and expecting
> people to do the work for me (private communication, no hard feeling,
> but still not very comfortable, see what I mean E.?).
>
> This is not the case. I am not (such) a lazy bastard. I would very much
> like to submit things by myself and not bother people

I can relate to this feeling :-). It took me a long time to take the
plunge. I finally took the plunge after watching Bert's video [1]
multiple times. My first fix submission was so easy and it turned out
that my fears were just that - fears.

The steps are now clearly laid out in http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3279

It is also one of the topics in Squeak->Help->Squeak Wiki.  Perhaps it
should be promoted alongside Terse Guide.

[1] https://youtu.be/2QKmfI4taGo

Regards .. Subbu