[squeak-dev] I am interested in porting Croquet to Squeak6.0 alpha , need 30, 000 ft' view and advise on how to approach the project

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Tue Mar 10 20:16:41 UTC 2020

Hi folks,

/opt/usr/src/smalltalk/squeak6.0alpha/shared/Squeak6.0alpha-19432-64bit.image

Squeak6.0alpha

latest update: #19521

Current Change Set: HomeProject

Image format 68021 (64 bit)

I would like to start utilizing my "wind down" time to start making Croquet on a 64 bit system happen.

I know that Nicolay has started porting to 32 bit system.

IIRC Croquet is a peer-to-peer system, so it makes sense to start at the bottom communication layer, get that working and build up.

What do you think?

cheers,

tty