[squeak-dev] smalltalkCI Trunk broken: vmParameterAt:put: failed

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 17:47:16 UTC 2020

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 3:13 PM Fabio Niephaus <lists at fniephaus.com> wrote:

> I feel like this might have something to do with us enabling Sista while
> using relatively old VMs for trunk images on CI.
>
> Can anyone verify that the VMs running on Travis come with the Sista
> bytecode set?

Which one does using vmParameterAt: 65:

65 In newer Cog VMs a set of flags describing VM features,
if non-zero bit 0 implies multiple bytecode set support;
if non-zero bit 1 implies read-only object support
(read-only; Cog VMs only; nil in older Cog VMs, a boolean answering
multiple bytecode support in not so old Cog VMs)

--
best, Eliot