[squeak-dev] Squeak5.3 linux ARMv6 segfaults on startup

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Mar 12 19:59:35 UTC 2020

> On 2020-03-12, at 12:50 PM, Bruce O'Neel <bruce.oneel at pckswarms.ch> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> Ok.  My build which doesn't do anything special shows this:
>
> squeak: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, EABI5 version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3, for GNU/Linux 3.2.0, BuildID[sha1]=42e5a7da9312a9fbc187ff9f1390d4637b21ddf8, not stripped
>
> I was more worried about testing, ie, if I build it on a PI3+ I wouldn't be confident that it ran on earlier ones without testing.

No problem; build on any Raspbian and will run on any Pi running Raspbian. It will be interesting to see how backward compatibility will be handled when RPF do decide to produce a 64bit Raspbian. There is an experimental 64 bit kernel that can support a 32bit userland and as 64 bit userland that can be run with nspawn or some similar named magic.

tim
Fractured Idiom:- J'Y SUIS, J'Y PESTES - I can stay for the weekend