[squeak-dev] Squeak5.3 linux ARMv6 segfaults on startup

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Mar 14 01:56:58 UTC 2020

A bit of downloading and testing suggests that the 201912311458 build on bintray is the last one that actually works for ARMlinunx.

The next one - 202001240142 is a broken archive (45 bytes!) and all more recent ones segafault on startup.

Eliot & I spent a little time last night trying to work out what has happened and it appears to be a bit of a mess. We can't build a current VM because something has stopped the 'asasm' assembler tool working; we get an interesting

Fatal error: Failed to get ELF handle
asasm: Error when writing object file 'BitBltArmSimdAlphaBlend.o'.

... that neither of us has ever seen before. That makes it really hard to use gdb to investigate what is going on.

More as it happens...

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem! = Stand aside plebians! I am on imperial business.