[squeak-dev] self error: 'comment only'

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 07:56:38 UTC 2020

On 17/03/20 8:55 AM, tim Rowledge wrote:
>> On 2020-03-16, at 7:57 PM, David T. Lewis<lewis at mail.msen.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> These documentation methods are good and useful, and they explain
>> a not-so-obvious aspect of how objects behave. Read them and be
>> happy:-)
> We*could*  consider making them appear in the HelpBrowser, or indeed
> gradually migrating to use of that for such stuff. Since we have it
> anyway...

It already does - Browser -> Object -> show all comments -> class side

Perhaps it could be made simpler. "show all comments" could be renamed
to just "help" and lead to instance/class side depending on its switch.

BTW, would it be better to display "Object class", "ProtoObject class"
etc in the class list pane when displaying class side methods?
Currently, one has to look below to ensure that the right instance/class
switch is set.

Regards .. Subbu