[squeak-dev] Planned update on squeaksource.com, brief outages are possible.

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Mar 19 20:25:35 UTC 2020

Some time over the next few hours, I plan to test the installation
of a new VM for squeaksource.com. I expect several brief outages
while testing the supervisory scripts that control image restarts.
The outages are expected to be on the order of about one minute
each, although there is of risk a slightly longer outages if problems
are encountered.

If all goes well, the squeaksource.com image will be running on
a new Cog VM, which will provide significantly better performance
compared to the current system running on an interpreter VM.

Dave