[squeak-dev] Uses of EncoderForV3PlusClosures

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 08:47:39 UTC 2020

Hi Marcel,

> On Mar 24, 2020, at 12:50 AM, Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:
>

> Hi all! I hope you do well.
>
> I just updated a clean Trunk image from 19483 to 19541. After loading SystemReporter-mt.41 from the Inbox, I was surprised to see almost 6000 uses of EncoderForV3PlusClosures left in the image.
>
> Just to let you know. :-)

this is laziness on my part.  If you look you will find they are all quick primitive methods, answering self, an inst var, or a constant (nil, false, true, -1, 0, 1, 2).  These methods don’t really “use” the bytecode set beyond having one primitive bytecode in them.  I should rewrite creating quick methods to respect the bytecode set preference.  Sometime soon.