[squeak-dev] Question about VB-Regex

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sun Mar 29 13:44:20 UTC 2020

Hi all,

as you may have noticed, I have proposed some new features for Regex-Core in recent past, and I found a lot of fun in working with this clean architecture for which I still see a lot of potential for expansion (for example, I'm currently having basic support for Unicode matches in my pipeline, this is currently blocked by this thread<http://forum.world.st/Unicode-td5113495.html>. For the future, I also would like to consider named groups & depending features). But before I will invest unnecessary time into the Regex-Core package, I have one question:

Recently I stumbled upon VB-Regex, which looks very similar to Regex-Core. Has this been a predecessor of Regex-Core, is it a successor or are they two independent forks? I could not find any information about this topic on the web.

Is my assumption correct that Regex-Core is the regex "state of the art" within Squeak?

Best,

Christoph