[squeak-dev] Question about VB-Regex

Thiede, Christoph Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sun Mar 29 18:42:49 UTC 2020

Hi Regex friend :-)

I assume you are referring to Regex-Core (thanks for the clarification, Levente!).

Yes, regexes are indeed very nerdy fun, though I recommend to use them rarely in production stuff, they just don't provide a really good readability. I don't know how experienced you are with regex in general, but I can recommend you regex101.com if you did not know it yet. I'm not sure what you are looking for in detail, but if you're interested in further examples, here are a few ones:

http://forum.world.st/The-Inbox-Tests-ct-429-mcz-td5113665.html#:~:text=allRangesOfRegexMatches (see #testUndefinedVariable and #testUnusedVariable).

In Regex-Core-ct.55 f., I extended the implementation of lookaround expressions in Smalltalk.

(This is a small piece of art:

'(?<=(?<!n''t\s+)l[o]ve\s+)\w+' asRegex matchesIn: 'I love Squeak. I don''t love C++. I love Smalltalk.'.
:-))

And in as near as possible future, I will commit support for \x and \p as described here<https://www.regular-expressions.info/unicode.html#:~:text=Unicode%20Categories>. Stay tuned!

Best,

Christoph