[squeak-dev] Why does nvidia.settings app require mesa (croquet related)

tty gettimothy at zoho.com
Mon May 4 15:56:33 UTC 2020

ok, did some exploring with LD and removing/adding the mesa package.
It appears that nvidia-settings has a dependency on the libgbm.so  which is
provided by Mesa and not part of nvidia.

So, I cannot run the gui version of nvidia-settings without mesa.

Now, to see if I can compile and run hello triangle program without mesa.

Why am I doing this? to remove complexity/layers  from the croquet
debugging.