[squeak-dev] Failed Tests for 5.3-19647

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun May 10 04:33:33 UTC 2020

> On 2020-05-09, at 7:49 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>
> The next problem, CaseErrorTest>testCaseErrorInPrintOn simply locked up the system completely as soon as I tried to run it to examine the code; evidently one of those cases where it went wild in a way that screwed over any attempt to cmd-. We really need to find ways to stop this sort of nastiness. I left it running for about 5 minutes before getting too bored to leave it any more. In another attempted run that test did actually terminate when run via the 'Run Failures' button.

Sigh, well of course it is in infinite recursion. #printOn: is re-implemented in CaseErrorTestObject in order to cause the caseError.
What is the original intention of this test case? So far as I can see the #aseError method can never get as far as actually raising the error that the test hopes to catch.

tim
"!sgub evah t'nseod CP sihT ?sgub naem ayaddahW"