[squeak-dev] Failed Tests for 5.3-19647

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun May 10 20:58:06 UTC 2020

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 11:50:35AM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:
> More results in digging into this list of failures -
>
> A partial explanation for the failed socket (not just the SSL) tests - I remembered that we recently decided to turn on the IPv6 switch to see what happens. Well, on a Pi all the socket tests fail. Turn off IPv6 and they all pass. Sigh. Is there some magic I would need to do to turn on IPv6 on Raspbian? Is it a compile flag issue in the VM build?

The IPv6 primitives are all in SocketPlugin. I would not expect the actual primitives
to work any differently, but as Windows users have noticed there are definitely
differences in the resolvers on different platforms, and you may be hitting issues
related to that. Also, I think that some of our network code assumes that there
is such a thing as "the IP address of my computer", which is generally wrong and
probably causes mischief in some of the tests. My best suggestion would be just
to step slowly though any of the failing tests and see if you can spot where
it's getting confused.

Also, try turning off the "EnableIPv6" preference and see if the tests start passing.

Dave