[squeak-dev] How to use OSProcess with stdin and stdout

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Fri May 15 16:48:26 UTC 2020

On 15/05/20 8:17 pm, stes wrote:
> Most likely you would encounter errors like "primitive" not existing
> or similar, but nevertheless I wonder whether there is a way to see,
> whether the primitives that are provided by the VM (or image?),
> are "compatible" with the OSProcess and CommandShell that one installs.
>
> For example is there a way to see what version of the primitives
> for "UnixOSProcessPlugin" is loaded in the VM ?

You can get the names of the loaded modules with:

   Smalltalk listLoadedModules (old)
or
   SmalltalkImage current listLoadedModules

You can also see these in "About Squeak" -> VM Modules section.

AFAIK, the modules themselves, being in machine code, are not reified as
objects that can be inspected in Squeak. They are private to VM.

HTH .. Subbu