[squeak-dev] SSL/Socket error code interpretation

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon May 18 23:45:48 UTC 2020

Follow up info just for the record - my sysadmin was able to correctly (re)install the certificate so we now get an 'A' report from ssllabs.com and the cURL etc checks all work. Thanks for the suggestions!

As an aside, Squeak 5.3-19435 running on the 20200429xxxxx ARMv6linux VM still fails the SSL test, but I think we established that the certificate included in the image for testing is a bit out of date?

> On 2020-05-12, at 10:34 AM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>
> Thank you *very* much to Tobias and Levente for explaining this. At least it isn't just something I screwed up, so that makes me feel a bit less stupid. The connection has been working ok until recently though, which I suspect means somebody has been Fiddling With The Server. Hands may get slapped.
>
> I thought I knew more about these certificate things than I ever wanted; now I know I know nothing. Which is *still* more than I ever wanted :-)
>
> tim
> --
> Useful random insult:- Can easily be confused with facts.

tim
When all else fails, let a = 7.  If that doesn't help, then read the manual.