[squeak-dev] FFI | How to declare pointer to external structure in #fields?

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Tue May 19 07:31:51 UTC 2020

Hi Nicolas.

> I wanted some more powerful Markdown

Which features do you have in mind? Maybe start with GitHub Markdown and migrate later if necessary?

Best,
Marcel
Am 19.05.2020 09:30:23 schrieb Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com>:

Le mar. 19 mai 2020 à 08:15, Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de [mailto:marcel.taeumel at hpi.de]> a écrit :

> How does UFFI come here?

I just wanted to backtrack those struct pointers lead to the accessor in Pharo. But it gave me no easy clue that I could apply to plain FFI in Squeak. :-)

> I started to write a documentation of FFI implementation two or three months ago ...

Yeah! I will have a look at it. GitHub Markdown + embedded graphics also hosted on GitHub could work. And support pull requests. :-) Maybe put it into the osvm repository.

Hi Marcel,
this was my exact intention, but I wanted some more powerful Markdown, so considering either pandoc or pilar...

Best,
Marcel