[squeak-dev] Squeak6.0alpha-19687-64bit.image

Levente Uzonyi leves at caesar.elte.hu
Mon May 25 16:44:57 UTC 2020

On Mon, 25 May 2020, Edgar De Cleene wrote:

> From fresh and loading all extras

It's not clear what extras you're referring to.

> Undeclared inspect
>
> a WeakArray(an Object an Object #StandardWindow->nil an Object an Object an Object #FileLocator->nil #DirectoryExists->nil an Object an Object #ZnBufferedReadStream->nil an Object an Object an Object an Object #MirrorPrimitives->nil #AbsolutePath->nil #ZnBufferedWriteStream->nil #ZnByteStringBecameWideString->nil #ZnEasy->nil #OBImplementorsBrowser->nil an Object #WindowColorSpec=>nil an Object an Object an Object #DiskStore->nil an Object #OBSelectorNode->nil an Object an Object)
>
> I don’t know when 6.0 should go to beta , but having a “Developer”  is very good as we rid of Undeclared.
>
> Also as we loading Pharo stuff (a good idea) , again beg for having OSWindow and SDL2 relate core in Squeak.

That's very likely from a package that tries to be compatible with both
Squeak and Pharo without having separate compatibility packages or using
#classNamed: for class lookup.
The drawback of such packages is that they add spam to Undeclared, as you
noticed but that doesn't mean any kind of Pharo stuff is being loaded
there.

Levente