[squeak-dev] squeak fu for deleted methods

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Wed May 27 14:15:16 UTC 2020

Marcel,

The .changes file does not contain the version history of packages
loaded through Monticello :-(.

While catching up with old Squeak discussions[1], I came across

    Interpreter translate: 'Interp.c' doInlining: false

this method was deleted in VMMaker sometime before Squeak 3.8. This is
when it struck me that deletion is not like other changes. Neither
ChangeSorter nor Monticello had a facility to search patch history for
strings :-(.

I am felt too lazy to bisect all changesets in VMMaker from that far
back. Perhaps there must be an easier way. Hence my question.

[1] http://files.squeak.org/mail/9705.html