[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Tools-ct.959.mcz

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 08:59:04 UTC 2020

On 20/11/20 10:02 pm, Christoph Thiede wrote:
>> Yes. A list of buttons along the top (New Find Dual/Single ...) just below
>> the Window title.
> I must have missed your message in March, so sorry! Your proposal sounds
> interesting, but I am not sure whether we actually need such a button bar.
> It would be helpful for me to do method-related stuff such as Browse,
> Implementors, Inheritance, etc. We could basically use the common CodeHolder
> bar for this purpose, and we would also get rid of the "Toggle diffing" menu
> item in a change sorter's method's more menu.
Chris,

Thank you for digging out my suggestion from such a long time back. I
almost forgot the context ;-).

ChangeSorter is a tool to browse changesets. Therefore, I thought a
button bar would be in order (along the lines of System Browser):
   * single/dual toggle
   * view selector (preamble, diff, postscript)
   * help

If this sounds like an overkill, you could place a thin grip at the
right edge of the changeset list to toggle/drag single/dual view (like
the vertical split view grip in spreadsheets). It is intuitive and won't
steal space from the method/code panes.

Regards .. Subbu