[squeak-dev] [OffTopic] resume of DNG after a decade

Frank Lesser frank-lesser at lesser-software.com
Mon Nov 23 19:48:51 UTC 2020

Hi Giorgio

rereading your answer missing a thing.

I am not revitalizing Dolphin !

Dolphin was and is continuously maintained at
https://github.com/dolphinsmalltalk/Dolphin - since its MIT release - I
am attempting to get it up on my VM after a decade again.

Dolphin itself has evolved since its MIT release - no doubt - it may
look still like it was a decade ago - but under its hood - it had been
constantly improved - so Dolphin of its own is worth looking at -

It still would be nice to have a confirmation that it can be compiled as
described and works out of the box.

My work here is to port it to my VM - with help of Blair- and when this
works - do the next steps - planned is to have Dolphin working as a
"Scripting" language for Godot Game engine 4.0.

DNG "failed" a decade before - also due to also technical reasons - to
very different concepts of the underlying VM's and the fact that only a
very limited man power was available.

- but as you can see on my twitter ( screenshot ) we got it working  in
2010  & it still works here on Win10.

So everyone who is interested - do me a favor & just try Dolphin from Github

thanks Giorgio, Frank