[squeak-dev] Weird Pi Squeak slowdown alert

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 22:52:22 UTC 2020

Hi Tim,

Last week Instantiations presented at RIoT Developer month "Faster & More
Efficient: JITs for IoT", an experiment with VA Smalltalk and other
languages like Python, Java, etc... the context was how a JIT compiler can
also help you reduce energy consumption...which could be very important for
IoT. We did experiments on a Raspberry Pi, run some benchmarks and with
some hardware tool we were measuring the wattage.

You can see the whole presentation here: https://youtu.be/2xO0ohUNnug
And here the exact moment that shows the tool used:
https://youtu.be/2xO0ohUNnug?t=1818

This is the tool we used:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O96NRE2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I guess this is not exactly the same as detecting if it is throttling, but
maybe it helps.

Cheers,

--
Mariano Martinez Peck