[squeak-dev] Weird Pi Squeak slowdown alert

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Oct 3 01:16:56 UTC 2020

> On 2020-10-02, at 3:52 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> Last week Instantiations presented at RIoT Developer month "Faster & More Efficient: JITs for IoT",

You guys are having a lot of fun. Nice.

The real trick for IoT stuff would be to make a system that can run on an ESP32 class chip. I'm pretty sure it's doable, but not easy. The good news is that with built-in WiFi one could do a sort of OOZE/LOOM/network virtual memory thing. And really, just how much development software does a light switch need to load by default?

tim
Strange OpCodes: DTF: Dump Tape to Floor