[squeak-dev] Accessing display scaling in Windows OSes

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Thu Oct 8 07:57:51 UTC 2020

Hello,

Is there a way for the Squeak image to detect the scaling factor applied
to screen display by Windows?

For example, my daughter's small laptop on Windows 10 has a default 150%
scaling applied to all applications. Squeak does not behave too well in
that regard, it looks real fuzzy.

Also, 'Display extent' when in full-screen returns the actual OS screen
resolution, ignoring the display factor. This means that my Saucers game
for example thinks it has more real estate than what is really
available, and thus does not compose itself correctly.

Stef