[squeak-dev] Notice | On inbox treatment, pleaes use "move to" instead of "copy to"

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 20:15:12 UTC 2020

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 4:47 AM Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I notice several, already-merged, versions in the inbox:
>

> When treating inbox versions, please use "move to trunk" or "move to
> treated" from the source.squeak.org Web interface. The "copy to" from
> within the image does not clean up the inbox.

+1

> ... Can we have that "move" as a button besides "copy" in Monitcello
> tools? Is a move operation possible through that interface?

Seems like it should be possible, the method which that button on the
web-interface executes is

            SSVersionView>>#move:to:

we would just need to figure out how to integrate that into the non-web
API.  Unfortunately, I cannot take it on at this time, but the code is in
the "SqueakSource" package at

           source.squeak.org/ss

if someone else has time to do it.

Best,