[squeak-dev] assert:equals: in Object

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 08:24:34 UTC 2020

Hi All,

    moving code from a test into a workspace and back is painful because
Object does not implement assert:equals: or assert:equals:description: even
though it implements assert:description:.  So one has to edit out the
equals: moving to the workspace and edit it back in again on the way back.
I'd like to suggest implementing Object>>assert:equals: and
Object>>assert:equals:description:
but I won't, because someone is bound to criticise it as being too green or
ill considered or some other depressing BS.
best, Eliot