[squeak-dev] #installExtraPackages - fails on new install

John-Reed Maffeo jrmaffeo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 22:49:38 UTC 2020

First install of Squeak on a new R.Pi. After going through the setup a
window pops up and asks me if I want to install extra packages. I check
them all (but 1) off but I can' save them. The Save button says "Please
check your internet collection". I know I do have internet connection
because I just downloaded the installation.

This is a neat feature and I would like to use it. I don't know if the
problem is with me or in the stars.

I explored the morph using the halo and found the method to
#installExtraPackages and ran it from  an explorer window but that killed
the image w/o installing the packages.

I tried to run the method from the workplace, but that failed too.

--
John-Reed Maffeo