[squeak-dev] Squeak equivalent of OSPlatform ?

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Tue Oct 20 21:40:22 UTC 2020

timrowledge wrote
> And of course there's always
> [thingy doStuff]
> 	on: MyStuffError
> 	do: [:ex| ex helpMeObiWanKenobi]

Though this doesn't work so well to check protocol conformance with on:
MessageNotUnderstood ("Can I use thingy doStuff or must I use otherThingy
doFluff instead on this platform?"). 1) thingy might actually implement
doStuff, but have a different idea of what it means than your code expects,
2) unless Obi-Wan very carefully checks the message send that signalled MNU,
you would also catch all the random type errors the programmers of thingy
made deep in doStuff.