[squeak-dev] #installExtraPackages - fails on new install

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Wed Oct 21 15:33:40 UTC 2020

Hi John-Reed,

hmmm... So "TestCase new ensureSecureInternetConnection" does not work in your image? Maybe SqueakSSL is not working on that R.Pi.

Best,
Marcel
Am 20.10.2020 00:49:59 schrieb John-Reed Maffeo <jrmaffeo at gmail.com>:
First install of Squeak on a new R.Pi. After going through the setup a window pops up and asks me if I want to install extra packages. I check them all (but 1) off but I can' save them. The Save button says "Please check your internet collection". I know I do have internet connection because I just downloaded the installation.

This is a neat feature and I would like to use it. I don't know if the problem is with me or in the stars.

I explored the morph using the halo and found the method to #installExtraPackages and ran it fromĀ  an explorer window but that killed the image w/o installing the packages.

I tried to run the method from the workplace, but that failed too.

--

John-Reed Maffeo