[squeak-dev] FileList "Workspace from Foo.txt" is a redundant        OCD nightmare

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 17:38:06 UTC 2020

Hi Javier,

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 12:27 PM Javier Diaz-Reinoso via Squeak-dev <
squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org> wrote:

> I find you like the 'Workspace from ', I think at first I conserve that
> but then I discard as redundant, but if you need that the change is OK with
> me.

It's not that I like it or don't.  It's the way the system worked and one
shouldn't break things like that just for personal preference.  So in
integrating your code I had two criteria
- fix the bugs (your code to track the directory and line ending, and to
get the title and save name right, is clearly an improvement)
- don't change the observable behaviour except in eliminating bugs

I'm happy not to have "Workspace from ..." in the title but I don't get to
just do that on a whim.  That would need to be discussed and something
close to consensus reached before it could be changed.

--
best, Eliot