[squeak-dev] Basic Coding question, I do not recall seeing addressed in the literature

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sun Oct 25 09:30:25 UTC 2020

Thanks Eliot

When Roassal3 side project is done, my attention turns to  either porting Pillar, or , more likeky, writing our own markdown parser with XTreams grammar and various  actor backends to duplicate the Pillar  output (including HelpBrowser, xhtml, latex, morse code...)

What I see being different is the source document living entirely within squeak classes, and storeable, distributable via monticello, with git being a secondary source of input to the monticello. Ergo, any squeak user can contribute by editing simple markup, or modifying existing templates.

The Array example  is in my  list of things to cover  .

So, suppose a couple of booklets exist covering Common Patterns and Idioms, Cool Code Snippets, Arrays,  etc...

A query to the in image documents for 'Array' will show those titles, edit and save in place, view in place, save via monticello, voila, every image has the documentation.

Squeak does not have a documentation problem, it has a documentation aggregation problem.

Cheers