[squeak-dev] Inspector Custom Value Panes & Related

Christoph Thiede christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Sep 1 23:32:40 UTC 2020

Hi Eric,

for displaying graphics in an inspector, have a look at MorphInspector (screenshot) or FormInspector (pixels). Custom interactive fields are not (yet?) supported, but in theory, you could subclass Inspector and override the relevant toolbuilder methods.

Regarding to your second question - why don't you use a TextMorphs? The composition of different formatting styles applied to a string is just what makes up a Text.

Best,

Christoph

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 12:10 AM +0200, "Eric Gade" <eric.gade at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,
What is the proper way to make a "custom value pane" for my objects whenever they appear inside an Inspector? For my RISCV work, I'm looking to show a morphic representation of the bitfields when a given instruction's `self` property is highlighted in the Inspector window.
As a related question, what's the best way to make a composed Morph that has StringMorphs of different fonts, sizes, and alignments? It seems like not all Fonts are available to StringMorph (TrueType ones, for example) -- is that correct?
Thanks!

--
Eric