[squeak-dev] I just purchased squeakbooks.com and .org

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Fri Sep 4 11:29:27 UTC 2020

Hi folks,

I am going to try to recreate books.pharo.org using those domains, but for Squeak as part of my Doc/SeasideDoc project.

I am NOT trying to make money for myself, I am just trying to solve the Squeak documentation problem.

I will be building the site with Seaside on Squeak and I will be studying the Pharo model for their documentation creation to see if it is appropriate for squeak.

Motivation:  http://books.pharo.org/booklet-Scraping/html/scrapingbook.html

That is an example of the type of documentation I frequently use as a developer. How do I accomplish a specific task, where do I start, what are the conceptual "things" I have to think in.

I will be using that documentation to get myself familiarized with the Squeak XML stuff as I will need it for processing xml documents of 10's of millions of records.

I will be happy to give the domains to the squeak community when/if the project is solid.

Once the stubbed website is up, I will attempt to create a live-round-robin model from the squeak image.

Open a workspace, open a book (book content comes down from website) add/edit content within the workspace, save it live to the website (and concurrently to the image ?)

Hopefully it will be useful and we can start crowdsourcing documentation.

cheers,

tty.