[squeak-dev] Live coding documentation at squeakbooks.com

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sun Sep 6 15:50:54 UTC 2020

Hi folks,

A quick FYI and some brainstorms and a request for brainstorms.

I have a stub website up at squeakbooks.org  / squeakbooks.com

My next goal is  for anybody to be able to code the  'Live Document Coding Hacking'  book from within their Squeak environment; then make the content available in several formats: HelpBrowser Book format, PDF, text...

1. Hacking the HelpBrowser is an obvious choice; unfortunately somebody else will have to do that as I find the thing painful to use. Nothing personal, its just reality for me.

2. Make squeakbooks.com/org a Monticello Repo and make Books a package that can be edited.

Upon submit to the repo, the backend software extracts that and makes it live on the website and also creates HelpBrowser "books" that they can import and other stuff..

3. REST from within a workspace.

4. Stephan at the Pharo discord suggested using Glaborous Tookit--which sounds like fun..he says I can even connect to Squeak image with it...but until GT is on Squeak, I am going to hold off there.

5. Stephan also mentioned uploading zips to some commercial wiki named 'confluence'.

6. Leverage Doc  http://www.squeaksource.com/Doc/  as the CLI interface

7. Subclass WAComponent...hmmm that will require a Seaside install...nocando.

8. Connect directly to the running squeakbooks.com image via some interface and have the new instances/classes update on the remove image

At first glance, I am leaning 2 and 6 as monticello is something we all use and are familiar with.

8 really intrigues me....how do I commit live changes to a remote image?

Thank you for your time.

cheers,

tty