[squeak-dev] Squeak on a cellphone responds to touchscreen input now (was Re: Squeak on a PostmarketOS cellphone)

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at leastfixedpoint.com
Thu Sep 10 11:44:13 UTC 2020

On 9/9/20 11:24 PM, Thiede, Christoph wrote:
> By the way, I am suffering from similar DPI problems on my Windows
> laptop (the font just does not get large enough). If you can port some
> of your changes made for PostmarketOS back to the Trunk, this would be
> great.

Most of it is already done: the main thing to change image-side is from
bitmapped to truetype fonts.

I have noticed font rendering with truetype is *much* slower than
bitmapped fonts. So perhaps that's why this hasn't already been done?

(Regarding DPI detection: my hacks are linux-specific, and involve
parsing EDID and reading special files in /sys etc. But once I *have* an
estimate of DPI, applying it within the image is straightforward, and
I've already committed the small changes I needed back to the trunk.)

Tony