[squeak-dev] The Inbox: System-dtl.1170.mcz

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 11:38:10 UTC 2020

On 12/09/20 6:52 pm, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:
> End of the #World as we know it. Package postscript only. About two
> years ago we eliminated all dependencies on global World. However,
> the global binding has remained functional on the theory that some
> external packages might still expect it.
When an undefined global var is encountered, is it possible to detect it
as an obsolete reference and then offer an option to replace it with a
proper object accessor? Perhaps a 'Obsolete Globals' dictionary mapping
an obsolete global symbol to an object access?

Currently, we just throw up a 'Undefined Variable' dialog offering
closest symbols to correct a possible misspelling.

Regards .. Subbu