[squeak-dev] '1._FC_Tatran_Prešov_managers' blowing up Seaside

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sun Sep 13 16:13:19 UTC 2020

ok...

works perfectly on

Squeak6.0alphalatest update: #19835

with Liberation Mono set to default text font.

The performance of setting the new font live is fantastic. It was MUCH slower on 5.3.

renderContentOn: html

html render: (Character codePoint: 353) asString

renders perfectly.

I think I will port my work to Squeak6.0 alpha .

thanks for your help.

tty

---- On Sun, 13 Sep 2020 12:06:05 -0400 gettimothy <mailto:gettimothy at zoho.com> wrote ----

renderContenton:html

      html render: (Character codePoint: 353) asString

works perfectly on Squeak 6.0 alpha with "latest" Seaside3 installed, but no Liberation system fault installed.

hmmmm....

can I reproduce it by installing the Liberation mono-fault....

now...where did I stick that font...

---- On Sun, 13 Sep 2020 10:36:27 -0400 Levente Uzonyi <mailto:leves at caesar.elte.hu> wrote ----

Hi Tim,

On Sun, 13 Sep 2020, gettimothy via Squeak-dev wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am searching for way to detect that ''1._FC_Tatran_PreÅ¡ov_managers'' will blow up  Seaside rendering.

Seaside should have no problem rendering such strings, provided that
the character encoding is set properly (e.g. to utf-8).

> It is a WideString and I would just assume ignore it for now to render many other strings on my dev app.
>
> It displays differently in the workspace and inspectors than it does here.

I presume you don't use the default font, as that doesn't have that
character.

> 'Prešov' here is 'Pre(s with a bar over it)ov' in my image.
>
> Isolate that (s with a bar over it) it is Character: code 353

That bar is supposed to be "broken" in the middle:
https://codepoints.net/U+0161

> How would you attack detecting this in the WideString protocol?

Normally you don't. Just make sure the Seaside adaptor has the proper
character encoding set.

Levente