[squeak-dev] Etoys help needed loading e.g. CarAndPen.014.pr (was: Changeset: Eliminating global state from Morphic)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Sep 14 15:01:12 UTC 2020

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 01:45:39PM +0200, Tobias Pape wrote:

> > On 14.09.2020, at 13:36, Thiede, Christoph <Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
> >
> > I tested this in a fresh trunk image before deleting any binding.
>
> ah, well,
> But it doesn't find it's world, either way :D
> -t

I see very different errors when I try to load an old Etoys project. I do
not know why, and I don't have time to debug it. That is why I am hoping that
someone (Karl perhaps) has a trunk-level image that *can* load old projects.

If so, then my question is: What sort of errors or failure do you actually
see when you load one of those projects after "Smalltalk removeKey: #World"?

It may or may not be a problem that needs to be fixed. It is hard to know
without actually seeing the problem.

Dave