[squeak-dev] Etoys help needed loading e.g. CarAndPen.014.pr (was: Changeset: Eliminating global state from Morphic)

karl ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 17:44:30 UTC 2020

So I narrowed it down a little more.
In image #19537 I can both Inspect and Explore IdentityDictionary
allVarMaps here:

SmartRefStream>>convert2: partiallyCorrectInst allVarMaps: allVarMaps
"Go through the normal instance conversion process and return a modern
object."

| className varMap |

self flag: #bobconv.
      self halt.
varMap := allVarMaps at: partiallyCorrectInst.
className := varMap at: #ClassName. "original"
^self applyConversionMethodsTo: partiallyCorrectInst className: className
varMap: varMap.

In image 19582 it is broken. I can Inspect  allVarMaps   but Explore i give
error 'Key not found:'

So that is between 13 of mars and 16 of april 2020.

Best,
Karl

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 6:44 PM karl ramberg <karlramberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is some change that broke project loading.
> I can load  CarAndPen.014.pr in image update:  #19422
> In  #19616 I get the "Key not found:" error from IdentityDictionary
>
> Best,
> Karl
>

> On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 5:31 PM karl ramberg <karlramberg at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> While looking at this error I found another issue I think is a bug.
>> I can't explore IndentityDictionary but I can inspect it.
>>
>> [image: bild.png]
>>
>> [image: bild.png]
>> Best,
>> Karl
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 5:01 PM David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I see very different errors when I try to load an old Etoys project. I do
>>> not know why, and I don't have time to debug it. That is why I am hoping
>>> that
>>> someone (Karl perhaps) has a trunk-level image that *can* load old