[squeak-dev] Dead exceptions

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Tue Sep 15 12:15:05 UTC 2020

Hi all!

> I would like to see us keep at least EndOfStream. ExceptionAboutToReturn and Abort can be deleted, not just deprecated. They're ancient and obsolete.

+1

Best,
Marcel
Am 14.09.2020 21:42:01 schrieb Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>:
Hi Christoph,

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 11:30 AM Thiede, Christoph <Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de [mailto:Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de]> wrote:

Hi all,
while browsing a bit through our exception framework, I stumbled upon a significant number of exception classes for all of which I neither found any sender in my Trunk image, nor any subclass:
Abort EndOfStream ExceptionAboutToReturn FontSubstitutionDuringLoading NanError UndeclaredVariableReference
So here is my question: Would you agree to deprecate them all? Or could any of them still be relevant for non-in-trunk senders? I can prepare a changeset if you think we should get rid of them.

I would like to see us keep at least EndOfStream. ExceptionAboutToReturn and Abort can be deleted, not just deprecated.  They're ancient and obsolete.
Best,

Christoph

best, Eliot