[squeak-dev] find class is broken...

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Sep 19 22:18:30 UTC 2020

> On 2020-09-19, at 12:40 PM, Thiede, Christoph <Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
>
> Can you reproduce this in a fresh trunk image? Which preferences do you have changed?

I can see the problem in a 5.3 image with no updates. There is some weird interaction between where you last selected anything and what cmd-f offers. I'd have to guess at some relationship to the focus follows mouse stuff - except the preferences don't show me any pref that seems to have anything to do with 'focus follows mouse', which I'd swear used to be there.

Select a class and then a method; move the cursor back to the category list and cmd-f - you'll get the dialogue for the method list. Select in the method text pane, move the cursor to the category list and cmd-f will get you a text find dialogue (with a truly terrible pair of title & query strings).

We seem to be making a rather convoluted set of UI choices these days.

tim
Rules for Optimization: 1. Don't; 2. (for experts only) Don't Yet