[squeak-dev] Squeak 25th anniversary call for participation

Craig Latta craig at blackpagedigital.com
Thu Sep 24 15:56:50 UTC 2020

Hi all--

     On 24 September 1996, Dan Ingalls and team announced the existence
of Squeak, “another run at the fence” toward the joyful use of
computation. Some would say this wonderful surprise was inevitable.
Equally inevitable is the passage of time, and there is joy in that as
well. Let’s amplify our fascination, appreciation, and ambition for
Squeak and the community, by celebrating the 25th anniversary in 2021!

     What would you like to see, hear, and do? We of your board have a
few ideas, including a new issue of Squeak News, and special interview
episodes of the Smalltalk Reflections podcast. This is a good time to
reflect, plan, and invent the future once more.

     Proceed for truth!

-C

--
Craig Latta :: research computer scientist
Black Page Digital :: Berkeley, California