[squeak-dev] XML-Parser and <br /> vs <br/> vs&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_elements.asp

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Sat Sep 26 17:57:14 UTC 2020

Thanks all for the replies.

Just to be clear here as I want to do the right thing.

We should keep the existing Squeak XML Framework
If we need improvements , modify that XML framework to include them.
Live with the per-application (Terf, XTreams) overrides of that default Squeak XML Framework.

"Squeak" does NOT want to replace the existing Squeak XML Framework with a more feature complete framework such as those in Terf or XTreams.

However, let me know if you are interested in upgrading....

1. let me know which is the best XML Framework out there. topa, etc....

2. I will get it working on my 6.0 alpha pristine images.

3. bring in other Squeak "stuff" that uses XML and adapt it to that.

cordially,

tty